UNICA 4K helps to counteract unwanted effects in the use of the mask
The protective mask for mouth and nose as a valid safety device against viral infections, is the most used device in this period of fighting the spread of the Covid-19 virus or Coronavirus. The materials with which they are made are many: mainly we find polyester ( the so-called TNT) . Once worn, the exchange between the warm and humid air resulting from the respiratory function and the external air creates condensation which corresponds to an increase in relative humidity inside the mask itself. Wearing the mask for a long time causes that the skin of the mouth / nose, in addition to being subject to a continuous rubbing, can adapt itself to a warm and humid environment: this involves a change of the characteristics of the skin, i.e. initial maceration and change in the “SKIN MICROBIOTA”, similar to that which, in newborns , occurs due to the diaper. Skin irritation caused by masks is triggered by a number of factors, which include, but are not limited to:
- Constant friction of the mask against the face;
- Humidity resulting from respiratory acts;
- Excessive growth of bacteria and / or yeasts.
In practice, the protective device covers a large part of the face, preventing the skin from breathing and rubbing the contact areas. Maskne (or Mask-ne) is a term coined to indicate the occurrence or aggravation of a series of skin problems in association with the use of protective masks as, in the presence of frictional lesions, germs and dirt can penetrate into the deeper layers of the skin. In detail, it was found the appearance of redness, itching and white pimples in the areas covered by the device and, in predisposed people, the exacerbation of acneic eruptions. Especially for oily skins, the limited oxygenation and perspiration of the areas covered by the mask can cause clogging of the pores and an increase in sebum. For sensitive skins, in the points of the face where the mask is placed, irritation, skin rash and minor abrasions are possible. Maskne is mainly located on the cheeks, chin, lip contour and nose. For this reason it is important to use products based on active ingredients with soothing, hydrated and decongestant power. Unica 4K helps to counteract the negative effects of the mask because it contains:
- Moringa proteins: they strengthen and maintain the hydrolipidic mantle unaltered, preserving it from damage from external aggressions, improving the sensory and mechanical properties of the skin
- Olive unsaponifiables: it has emollient and sebum-restoring properties and performs a skin trophism action by stimulating the reparative processes of the dermis
- Vitamin E: it is antioxidant, with anti-inflammatory and decongestant properties.
- Hyaluronic acid: moisturizing. It has the ability to retain a large amount of water favoring the production of collagen
- Plant stem cells: their power lies in the regenerative capacity of the epidermal tissue.
- Turmeric: anti-inflammatory and purifying activity.
- Hemp oil: moisturizing, it can relieve and restore the state of the skin even in case of dermatitis, psoriasis, erythema and mycosis. It has an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory function.
A valuable contribution and support to your beauty routine: Unica 4K a product destined to revolutionize the skincare scenario forever!